Madeira the Perfect All-rounder
Now that there is a DIRECT flight from the Isle of Man to Madeira on 2nd Nov here’s a quick glance on why you should visit…
Madeira is an island paradise and a stunning destination to visit all year round for couples and families of all ages. Now that there is a DIRECT flight from the Isle of Man to Madeira on 2nd Nov here’s a quick glance on why you should visit…
Madeira has year-round sunshine so why not warm up your bones this Winter with an average temperature of 58 degrees in November. The island boasts spectacular waterfalls, some of the best coastal walks you will ever encounter in the world and lush levada valley walking routes surrounded by a UNESCO laurel forest (Laurisilva).
As well as exotic flowers, unique species of birds and sub-tropical fruits, Madeira is a favourite amongst walkers who love to explore this 30 mile long island. The mountain slopes are stepped and the Levada walks are well maintained and signposted. Choose from easy to strenuous or even a guided walk with durations to suit you.
The bright eyed capital of Funchal offers stylish hotels, elegant restaurants and trendy nightclubs. Wander the cobbled streets and winding roads to soak up the local charm. There’s plenty to see and do including the local galleries, market, town hall and cathedral. If you’re feeling brave enough take a cable car from the old town up to Monte and a toboggan ride back down again!
One things for sure, you’ll see colour everywhere in Madeira thanks to its year-round gardens and blooms. For such a small island, there really is tonnes to explore and no doubt some Winter sun will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
And if that wasn’t enough here are more reasons to visit:
1) Book a Wine tasting trip to try the famous sweetness of Madeiran wine and combine this with a vineyard tour or dinner.
2) Thrill seekers will enjoy the Santa Cruz water park with slides, pools and lazy river.
3) For fun spend a day at Santana theme park, spread over 7 hectares. The park is a discovery of Madeira combined with fun rides.
4) Take a cable car from Parque Almirante Reis in old town Funchal up into the hills to the quaint village of Monte where you can enjoy the stunning panoramic views of the island.
5) The Madeira Story Centre located in Old Funchal is a great place to learn about Madeira’s history from its volcanic origins 14 million years ago to the present day.
Richmond Travel and Mann Link Travel are offering 7 night packages to Madeira DIRECT from the Isle of Man, departing 2nd Nov 2018 from £899 pp. Price includes return flight from Ronaldsway, luggage, transfers, 7 nights accommodation with breakfast in 4* hotel and 2 excursions, Funchal sightseeing and Panoramic island guided tour. Call 654 651 or 815 588 to book your seat.